Winter Wishes

Hello!

Winter is upon on us. As of right now, classes have been cancelled tomorrow due to the imminent blizzard.

Therefore, my fantastic roommate and I have declared today as Netflix Day (I mean, does that not sound calendar-worthy? Stay posted for possible petition). In all seriousness, one should know that “snow days” are rare in college. After all, we are adults.

Beside the fact that I’ll have a day free of classes, I’m also really excited for the scenery. Though I’m not a huge fan of Winter, I am in love with the beauty of snow-covered trees and hills. The Holy Cross campus is especially gorgeous in both Fall and Winter, so there’ll be great photo-ops for all you perspective artsy folk! See beautiful pictures below!

Moreover, cancelled classes really gives me time to rest, because this weekend I participated in Holy Cross’ Dance Marathon. The Dance Marathon is a wonderful event created to support the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation, “a leading organization dedicated to identifying, funding and conducting basic pediatricHIV/AIDS research.”

This year there were about 200 dancers AND we raised a ton of money for the foundation. Oh, and did I mention the marathon is 12 hours? Yes, we started at 8pm and danced until 8am. Needless to say, cancelled classes is like a dream.

Now we relax, dear friends, if only for a little while. Tomorrow is really catch-up day in college terms. We will all be taking it easy, but we will all be studying hard — if that makes any sense.

So the blog take-away is: Winter is going to be brutal, but beautiful on the Hill. It is very, very rare that I will have a snow day, but if I do, then I will declare that day as Netflix Day and support Katrina’s petition. 🙂 

photo-1 photo-2 FullSizeRender FullSizeRender-1