Wheeler 3, Year 3
To quickly quote Chance the Rapper, “…and we back.”
Indeed we are. I’m so excited for my third year in Wheeler and my third year at Holy Cross. Living as a junior in a first-year residence hall might prove to be difficult at times, but I also think it will also be an interesting and incredibly fun experience.
Having lived on the same floor for three years, I’ve learned some important (and cliche) things. I’ll share them with you below:
- Friends come and go: Quite literally, many of my friends have gone out of Wheeler. But literal aspect aside, though some friends are forever, the friend group you develop your first year aren’t always your friends for the rest of your college career. So don’t be afraid to meet new people and be open to new experiences.
- The more things change, the more they stay the same: Each year, aspects of Holy Cross change. It can range from people going abroad and seniors graduating to new athletic buildings and exciting new school courses. Even in Wheeler, some traditions have changed. However, the same Holy Cross community and shared love still remains.
- You’ll get the hang of it eventually: This can often be hard to believe, but it’s very true. When I first arrived on campus, I was quite nervous and I definitely wasn’t blogging right away. It was only after I got more comfortable with who I was and who I wanted to be that I decided to start blogging. And look how far we’ve come!
- Love your neighbor: Again, this is not the easiest thing to do for some people. However, I cannot stress enough how important it is. Something I’ve learned time to time again in my life and especially here at Holy Cross is that the more love you spread, the more love you feel. A small smile or a nice note can go a long, looong way.
- Work hard: Work hard in the classroom, of course, but also make sure you’re working hard on maintaing both your physical and mental health. College can be overwhelming, so make sure you’re being kind to yourself. Please?
- These are the best years of your life: yeah.
I’m so excited to learn new lessons with an incredible Wheeler staff (see below) and a wonderful third floor.
The lovely 2016-17 Wheeler Staff <3
One of our first staff activities together was kayaking and it ended up being so much fun!
Wheeler 3rd floor College Side represent!
So, blog take-away is: I’m going to learn A LOT at Holy Cross, especially inside the classroom. However, often times the lessons outside of class are even more important.
<< Older Entries